Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

A Quick Note On ISBoxer From The Road

I'm writing this post from a hotel room in Boston. I'm almost home from Fanfest but had to make a couple of comments based on a thread on the Dual-Boxing forums.

First, no one on Team Security was trying to fool or mislead anyone. As people know by now, I participated in Team Security's presentation at Fanfest. I was present in a couple of meetings going over the presentation and they were trying to explain the policy as clearly as possible. And at least one user gets what CCP was attempting to convey.

Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2
I'm not sure he got everything exactly correct, such as the use of dashboards he mentioned in his following post. Like I said, I'm on the road and need to review the presentation for any last minute clarifications. I was sort of distracted during CCP Random's portion of the session.

Quite frankly, after reading not only the Dual-Boxer thread, but the talk of suing CCP on the EVE Online forums, I'm not sure I really want to address this issue anymore. I really only became involved with ISBoxer due to Questor using an Inner Space extension to help keep the black market supplied with ISK. Lucas Kell may have the right idea about how to approach the issue at this point.


I have more than enough topics to discuss from this Fanfest without having to discuss ISBoxer anymore. If I do come back to the issue, I may use CCP's handling of the matter as a case study on things game companies should and should not do in relation to enforcing their EULAs. Or maybe I'll do something completely insane and jump into the middle of the issue one more time. Perhaps I should wait until I'm back home and have gotten some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. There were things I was unclear about. Not anymore. IMO, Lords Servant is pretty spot on. But even if he isn't, taking a conservative approach is probably the safest path to not losing all your accounts.

    ReplyDelete