Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fallout 3 Podcast Love for Jason

I finished listening to Channel Massive #101 yesterday and heard Jason say that he was done talking about and playing Fallout 3. I guess massive game-love for Fallout 3 he displayed in the massive round-table discussion on games on Channel Massive #100 may have embarrassed him a bit, especially after all the emails from listeners mentioning it. But after that episode, we at least know the standard that Jason is looking at when rating games, so it wasn't a bad thing.

Jason also made the comment that there is nothing left to see in the game. I think Jason is forgetting that Mothership Zeta just came out a couple of weeks ago. And if he has finished all the main storylines, I doubt he found all the interesting spots in the Capital Wasteland. On episode 17 of Through The Aftermath, Shawn and Jonathan read through an article from Crispy Gamer titled 50 Things to Do in the Capital Wasteland. Listening to Shawn and Jonathan read through and discuss the article was a lot better than reading the article alone. I almost wanted to start up Fallout 3 again, but I was on the train going to work so the feeling passed.

Just a note to everyone that wishes that their favorite MMORPG contain hidden quests and things to discover in tucked away locations. Yes, those are nice to have, but the game developer needs to make sure that the basic game features are rock solid. I can think of one game off the top of my head that featured hidden content but failed to deliver on a solid product on launch: Vanguard.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I didn't forget about Mothership Zeta. I actually ran through it even before I decided to finish the main questline.

    And no, unfortunately I didn't find all of the "interesting" spots in the wasteland my first time around.

    Perhaps if I get a wild hair up my ass I'll play through it again as a goody two shoes type character.

    Jason (resident drunken idiot of Channel Massive)

    ReplyDelete